BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday 6 December 2011

New Film: The Woman in Black

Hello!

Overview
Today I've been researching new films that are set to premiere next year and I stumbled across "The Woman In Black" directed by James Watkins and is adaptation of Susan Hill's novel.

A widowed lawyer travels to a secluded village on an important assignment, and encounters a vengeful ghost with mysterious motives. After losing his beloved wife, Arthur Kipps (Daniel Radcliffe) was nearly consumed by grief. When an important client of Arthur's dies, he pulls himself out of mourning to settle the man's affairs. But in this town, everyone has a secret. Something horrible once happened here, and it seems that the locals are determined to ensure Arthur never finds out what it was. Now the more time Arthur spends in his client's crumbling estate, the more aware he becomes of a presence that isn't quite human. In this house dwells a woman's ghost. In life she lost something precious, and now in death she'll do whatever it takes to get it back. Until she does, anyone who dares enter this house is doomed

Based on the classic ghost story, The Woman In Black tells the tale of Arthur Kipps (Daniel Radcliffe), a lawyer who is forced to leave his young son and travel to a remote village to attend to the affairs of the recently deceased owner of Eel Marsh House. Working alone in the old mansion, Kipps begins to uncover the town's tragic and tortured secrets

Here is the trailer for this film and considering that I am "pants" when it comes to horror films, this one intrigued me and I really would like to see it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.


I think I like this film because the narrative is really interesting and out of the blue. For example, I know it is a ghost story but their interpretation of a ghost story is amazing because it's not the standard haunting but it affects everyone within the village. I would recommend everyone to see this film when it comes out and I would definitely use some conventions within this film such as the extreme close up on the little girl's shoes and the close-ups on the main character's facial expressions.

Summary
  • Viewing "The Woman In Black" 2012 trailer

0 comments: